Idea #49 from EYE2018 Report
There should be an annual question and answer session between the heads of the European Parliament, Commission and Council, which could be livestreamed on various social media outlets such as Facebook Live. Questions could come from young people across Europe, and be put to the EU leaders by a select group of young people. This would have the following advantages:
- If promoted well on social media, reach new audiences.
- Help promote the institutions of the EU and provide greater accessibility.
- Show that the EU cares what young people have to say.
- If organised in collaboration with youth organisations, ensure a top-to-bottom youth focused event
1. Why and how would this idea benefit young people?
2. Which groups in society would be impacted by this idea, and how can their different interests be accommodated?
3. What would be the practical steps to implement this idea in your town, your region, your country and/or at the level of the EU ?